Sunday, December 12, 2010

Student Resource Center

Have you heard about the latest and greatest in the Carnegie Resource Center? Students can now have access to their own resource center account! Teachers must first log in to their own resource center account and download the access code for their school. Next students go to the resource center and create their own account. There is a PDF file that you can download to give your students to walk them through the registration process. It's really simple and only takes a few minutes.

I had my students register this week while they were in the lab and allowed them to explore the resource center for a few minutes before logging into the tutor. Students now have access to digital copies of the text, homework helper, assignments, and skill practice books. The student resource center also has videos for students to watch if they are having trouble launching the tutor and gives them access to Carnegie Support contact numbers and emails if they are having trouble.

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to have my students register for the student resource center. Many of them do not have Internet access at home and I was not sure if they would actually use it. However, many of them were very excited about having access to digital copies of the assignments and text. Students will now be able to print their own copies of assignments they are missing and can print out assignments from home when they are absent. I love this! One of my students said he was going to use it to look at what we are learning next. As the year goes on I'm excited to see how my students use this new resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment