Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello!

First of all I'd like to thank Thuc-Khanh for the wonderful introduction!

Hello! My name is Brandy King, a ninth grade Algebra 1 teacher for a small urban school district near Detroit, Michigan. This year will be my fourth year teaching (3rd year using Carnegie). I'm really excited to share my ideas and classroom experiences with you, but please know that I am not an expert. I still have a lot to learn and hope that I'll be able to learn from all of you through this blog.

Please let me know if there is a topic you are interested in or if there is a issue in your classroom you'd like some incite into. I can't promise that I'll be able to give you the answer, but I'm sure someone out there can help.

I'm really excited about going back to school. As Thuc-Khanh mentioned, we met at the Carnegie National Math Institute this summer. What an awesome experience! Being surrounded by amazing professionals that share in the same goals has me more anxious than usual to get back into my classroom. However, in Michigan we do not start school until after Labor Day (a state law to support tourism). So for the next few weeks I'll be vigorously planning my school year and counting down the days until I can be in my classroom again!

Good luck on your adventure into a new school year!

3 comments:

Thuc-Khanh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thuc-Khanh said...

Welcome aboard, Brandy! It's so nice to hear from you!

Brandy King said...

Thanks Thuc-Khanh! I'm so excited to be working with you!!!!!

Post a Comment