Sunday, August 8, 2010

Greetings from Aggieland

HOWDY! My name is Thuc-Khanh Park, and I am thrilled to be here!! I, along with Brandy King, will be chronicling the daily events of our Carnegie classrooms - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Mine from a middle school perspective; Brandy's from a high school perspective. I live and teach in the south; Brandy lives and teaches up north. (I'll let Brandy introduce herself in more detail in the following weeks.)

You may be asking yourself - or muttering to yourself like I usually am - how did these math teachers get their own blog? Besides the fact that anyone can create their own blog, and it's free. I don't know if by chance I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Or was it destiny? Anyways, there I was sitting and chatting away at the reception for Carnegie Learning's first annual Math Institute in Kentucky this past July. Todd walks up to my little group of colleagues and friends, which coincidentally also included Brandy. Todd was scouring the room for anybody who was remotely interested in writing a blog for Carnegie. We politely declined the offer. Rejected but not defeated, Todd continued his search at other tables.

On the outside, I appear to be pretty reserved, an introvert. In many ways I am. But there is also an adventurous side to me, someone who is willing to step out of her comfort zone, take chances, and try new things. That night and the following day, the more I thought about it, the more I was truly interested in pursuing the possibility of doing a blog. The rest, as they say, is history. And here I am! Brandy and I are picking up where Kasey left off.

So I cordially invite you and your friends to come back and join us on our journey. Until next time. Adios amigos.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Can't wait to see what else you have to write. And glad you decided to go down this journey.

Thuc-Khanh said...

Hey, Sister! You didn't tell me that you had visited and read my blog. I appreciate your encouragement. Give hugs and kisses to the boys and Peri for me. Hope to see you soon.

Bao Nguyen said...

Congratulations again on the grants sis. What is the content of the blog: teacher insights, commiserations. I am hoping for mathematical novelties. Good luck and God bless.

Post a Comment