Wednesday, May 25, 2011

completion

I'm so proud of my middle school class. They have been working really hard to complete the Bridge to Algebra Curriculum. If you remember, they have only been working on the software since the end of January. We have been going to the computer lab at least 3 days a week, so they have had a little more computer access than the recommended 60/40 ratio.
Many of the topic (especially the fractions, decimals, and place value units) were review for them. The goal was for them to review important middle school topics and be prepared to take Algebra 1 next year. When we are in my classroom we have focused on solving equations, writing expressions, and making connections between equations, tables, and graphs.
They have grown a lot since I started working with them in February. Often times they will tell me to go away when they are stuck and will help each other instead. This has happened to me in both the classroom and the lab!
With 4 weeks of school left (including some half days for exams), I had one student finish the Bridge software in class today. He told me that he's never enjoyed math before, but he is now looking forward to being in my Algebra 1 class next year. So starting tomorrow, that student will be working on the Algebra 1 curriculum to get a head start for the fall. I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment