Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Public Access Woes

So this week my school is finally on spring break. Grades for the third quarter are due when we return. I of course told all of my students that this break would be a great opportunity for them to make up computer time/sections completed for days they were absent. The problem with that is many of my students do not have Internet access at home. I reminded them that they could do the Cognitive Tutor anywhere they could get Internet access including a library or a friends house. To my dismay, I had a parent email me saying that she took her daughter to the library to work on the Cognitive Tutor but that the library computer software would not allow them to download the program. A pop up on the computer told her to see the network supervisor for permission to access the program and the library people told her they could not allow her to access the program. I felt bad for the student who really did try to put in some extra effort. It's disappointing that she can check her facebook account at the library but was unable to access an educational software. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem on a public computer?

1 comment:

Thuc-Khanh said...

Frustrating, I know! I think it's nearly impossible to get access to CT using public computers. I wish there was a way.

Post a Comment