Friday, February 4, 2011

School Canceled for Today!

I woke up this morning to find the grounds covered with a light blanket of snow. It’s quite a beautiful sight, unadulterated and serene. With school canceled for the day, pretty soon all the neighborhood kids will be out building snowmen and pelting each other with snowballs, my own children included. I think I will lounge in my flannel pajamas as long as I can and enjoy the scene from the warmth of my home.

Today was originally designated for Cognitive Tutor time for my pre-algebra classes. I have made a conscious effort this semester to allot one day per week for my pre-algebra students to spend on CT. (My algebra and math enrichment kiddos have always had class time to spend on CT this whole school year.) My dilemma is whether to allow them to spend Monday on CT or to push forward with my plans to continue our unit on surface area. They will have next Friday to be on CT. I totally haven’t decided what to do.

I received word from Carnegie Learning this past week that the trial-version for their new middle school Cognitive Tutor software program is coming out this month. I am so excited to have my students try it out! Supposedly this new program is geared towards the humor of middle schoolers. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Have a good weekend and stay safe.

1 comment:

Brandy King said...

Glad you were able to enjoy a day off!

Post a Comment