Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feeling SMART

So this week I was able to attend training for my new SMART Board. I am so excited about the new possibilities. I think this will help me to make more connections between the text and the Cognitive Tutor. I used to have to bring in my laptop and extra cables to show the tutor in class. Now all I have to do is launch the tutor on the board. It will save me so much time!

I also think I'm going to use the screen capture tool to bring problems from the tutor into my lessons. (This means no more print screen!) The digital copies of the text are going to be very useful too!

Does anyone else have ideas for using Carnegie along with the SMART Board? I got the feeling at the training that one teacher thought that he couldn't use both simulataneously. I on the other hand think it will enhance what I'm doing and will increase my use of the tutor examples on nonlab days. What do you think?

2 comments:

Thuc-Khanh said...

Are you using the SMART Notebook also?

Brandy King said...

So far I've used it to create a few warm up assignments. The problem is the time it takes to create them. I'm slow but surely adding some to my collection. I think I'm going to start using the capture tool and the pdf files of the Carnegie lessons in those files.

Post a Comment