Friday, January 7, 2011

Save the Date

Happy New Year!!!!

My family and I have had a rough start. Nevertheless, I feel that this is going to be a fantastic year.

For Christmas, my daughter gave me her cold. Such a sweet child to think of me. We spent several sleepless nights because of her ear infection. As a result, my days and nights kind of flip-flopped. When students and teachers returned to school on Tuesday, I had not slept in 24 hours. I don’t tell you all this so that you will feel sorry for me. Only that you’ll understand if some of my writing in this post makes no sense at all. I am functioning on three hours of sleep.

If you have a running wish list for school, add attending Carnegie Learning National Math Institute. It will definitely be one of the best professional developments that you participate in this year. You will learn useful, practical information that you will be able to implement immediately. You’ll also be exposed to the latest research in the education field. This year Carnegie will hold its institute in Grapevine, TX, near Dallas from July 10 – 13. My home state! Woohoo!!

OK, if you’re wondering what’s the rush? It is a whole eight months away. Most districts allot a certain amount of their budget for their teachers to attend conferences and workshops. Once the money is gone, it’s gone. So I would ask now while there is probably some money left.

Here is the website with more details: http://nmi.carnegielearning.com/

I am going to call it a night. Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment