Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I had to share this story! It's a humorous anecdote that happened in my classroom yesterday.

I was starting a unit on solving equations and was reviewing inverse operations.

Teacher, "What is the inverse, or opposite, operation of add?"

Students in unison, "Subtract."

Teacher, "Subtract?"

Students in unison, "Add."

Teacher, "Multiply?"

Students in unison, "Divide."

Teacher, "Divide?"

Students in unison, "Multiply."

Teacher, "How about to square a number?"

Dead silence. I saw a lot of clueless stares across the room. "Danny" then looked towards me, as though he had something to contribute.

I prompted, "Danny?'

In all seriousness, he hesitantly offered, "Circles?"

Needless to say, we all, including Danny, had a good laugh!


1 comment:

Brandy King said...

Too funny! Sounds like you are having fun!

Post a Comment