Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Take a Break

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wow its hard to believe that it's already almost the end of November. I don't know about at your school, but at mine the time from September until November is the hardest. It is the time you are getting to know your students (both personally and academically). It is also the longest period of time without any sort of break. Now that thanksgiving is here the rest of the year usually flies by.

How will you spend your extra time off? I'm going to be spending Thanksgiving Day with my family of course. It seems like before the break I always say that I'm going to finish a whole laundry list of things over the extra 2 days I have free. This year I'm taking a different approach. For once I'm going to try to relax. Of course I will still do my lesson plans and be ready for Monday, but I'm also going to spend sometime doing things for me. As teachers we often put our students before ourselves. While this is admirable its certainly a way to get burnt out! I'm thankful that I have a job that I love and a family that loves and supports me. To celebrate I'm going to try to take a break and for once relax. I suggest you do the same. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment